Like what you see here on our website? Please join us. With more members we have more influence in putting the community's view on protecting the Inlet.
- NEW FROM THE PORIRUA HARBOUR TRUST: Frequently asked questions about Porirua Harbour. Very informative.
- COCKLE SURVEY: NIWA report coming soon. Meantime, you can read about the day and see the photos.
- We have now formulated our Canada geese policy.
- Winstone Aggregate application for Judgeford landfill declined and appealed. Read more...
- Book for children: At the beach, by Gillian Candler and Ned Barraud.
- TEACHERS: We have worksheets to help you with your Inlet studies. We can also come to your school and show you how to use the Pauatahanui Inlet in science and social studies curriculum work.
AND DON'T FORGET THE LIVING WATERS DOCUMENTARIES. Stories of our harbour - the complete 12-episode DVD from Pataka for just $15.00, or join GOPI now and get one free! See http://www.livingwatersdoco.co.nz.
Pauatahanui Inlet is the only large estuarine wetland left in the lower half of New Zealand's North Island. It is at risk, mainly from human activities in both the Inlet and its catchment. We call ourselves the Guardians of Pauatahanui Inlet because we work to promote recognition of the ecological, recreational and cultural values of the Inlet.
What you will find on our website
You can read about how we care for the Inlet and promote its wellbeing with central and local government. You can learn about our activities and policies. You can also read newsletters and annual reports. You will find scientific information about the Inlet and its catchment and links to relevant research. The section 'The Inlet' contains information about the natural and human history and current concerns about threats to Inlet ecology. Teachers can download our educational resources. We also have an expanding 'Rainy day' section.